Amazes Myself!



 It's funny...I have always been a crafter and I did love to paint, but I had never considered using markers....especially coloring.  Coloring is what you did as a kid when there was nothing else to do.  I even remember sitting with my mom on a Saturday afternoon and her coloring with me.  Than in October of 2015 that all changed.
I met a wonderful lady, Nan, at a campground I was running and we became friends.  She introduced me to card making.  Something I had always thought about but didn't know where to begin.  We would take a day here and there and she would show me all different techniques.  Thank she introduced me to stamps, digital images and her pencil collection.
Wanting me to be able to learn all that she could she introduced me to a few Facebook groups in which Kit and Clowder was one of them.  I would go into that group every day and see the amazing works done by the crafters...or should I say artists and be in awe.  Wanting to learn more, I decided to purchase Spectrum Noir markers and give it a go.
I must say, at times I found myself a bit frustrated (and I thought coloring was suppose to reduce stress); but I kept hearing practice...practice...practice.
A few months went by and I was getting the hang of this marker thing.  Lol....so I decided to push myself a bit further and take the SN certification class.  I studied and practiced and sent my test in....waiting.....waiting....and one day the email came and I had gained my certification.  I was very excited.

Now that I had accomplished this I was doing my classes at Kit and Clowder I kept seeing lots of posts about Copics.  Oh no!  Another coloring medium.  I bought a whole collection of Prismacolor pencils and haven't even started learning those!  But the results people were getting with Copics was amazing but could I afford to add them to my collection?  Best next thing to do was order just hair color combinations.  That is just what I did....and I loved them!
Practice...practice...practice.....I was doing pretty good but I wanted to see someone using these markers in Real Time!  Might as well jump in with both feet so I registered for the Copic certification.  I had the honor of meeting Cindy Lawrence and the class was fab. ❤️ 

Received my standard Copic certification.  Now I am patiently awaiting the next step of Copic classes to come to my area so I can upgrade my certification.

I found myself becoming obsessed with coloring...coloring Digis from so many different artists...too many to even list....and I wanted more.  That is when I found Christopher Kerry.  A online Copic instructor that taught a more realistic way of coloring with Copics. His classes are fantastic!
I await his classes every month and just can't wait until that email arrives in my in box.  We have done some amazing images in these classes.  Watch the progression of images that we have been taught to color....join us!  You will not regret a minute of it!



























Sorry for the yellow from the artificial light on this last photo...will be replacing when the sun comes out.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this long post!  But I believe if you want to learn about using Copics...and want to improve your coloring skills...this class also converts the Copics to other markers and pencils.....this is the place to be.



Challenges












GalFridayStamping
3 Comments

3 comments:

  1. Great colouring, am so glad you found a fabulous colourist to teach, I must have a look at your link and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you also for entering your creations into our Challenges over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and also World Wide Open DT Challenge. Best of luck with your entries.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous make...Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open...And good luck..Hope to see you again soon..

    Caz x
    [Caz DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]
    My Blog
    Pennys Paper-Crafty
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete

Jane Proffitt is from Ephrata, PA> and is very blessed to be able to work-from-home. She is also a caretaker of an ill husband. She has been crafting, coloring and stamping for over 10 years. She also love sharing inspiration, creativity and friendships.